- There is no downtime, which means you can resume your regular daily activities immediately and facial aftercare is minimal.
- Avoid the use of ‘Active’ products and makeup for a full 24 hours after treatment.
- For 72 hours after treatment, do not use the following: Retin-A®, Renova® (or other retinoid containing products); abrasive or exfoliating sponges/scrubs, glycolic, beta, alcohol-containing solutions or at-home peels for 72 hours.
- After 24 hours, use only gentle unscented cleansers to wash and do not rub the skin.
- Avoid the sun and after 24 hours, protect your skin daily with a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 applied every morning before going outdoors.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and, hot tubs for 24 hours.
- For best facial aftercare, do not partake in steaming baths or steaming hot showers on the evening after your treatment. Take a quick warm shower and do not touch or wash your face.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Facials are recommended once a month for optimum skin maintenance and damage correction.
Possible Side Effects
- Expect some redness and even scabbing in areas where extractions have been performed.
- There may also be some tingling and eventual flaking do to the exfoliants used.
- Following your treatment, there is the possibility of a mild breakout as the outer layers of the epidermis are shed.
- Facials give the skin a deep cleansing that removes environmental toxins and helps reduce an overabundance of sebum, or oil, which can result in outbreaks, clogged pores, and acne.
- Facials also activate exfoliation to remove dead skin, unclog pores, and bring to the surface new, collagen-rich tissue that is bright and healthy.
- Additionally, facials stimulate improved circulation to skin cells. This increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your complexion resulting in a healthy glow and tissue well-nourished by nutrients and moisture that plumps the skin’s surface to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dryness.
- And finally, facials slow the skin’s natural aging process by helping to maintain the health and integrity of cells, rich promotes improved long-term skin tone, texture, and evenness of pigmentation.