Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare – Post Treatment
Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare Tips
- Upon completion of your laser procedure, you may apply a cool, water-soaked cloth or a water mister to your skin to calm any stinging, redness or irritation; however, DO NOT RUB YOUR SKIN.
- Sleep on your back to avoid facial contact with bed linens.
- For 72 hours after your Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare treatment, do not use the following: Retin-A®, Renova® (or other retinoid containing products); abrasive or exfoliating sponges/scrubs; glycolic or betahydroxy products; and alcohol-containing solutions or at-home peels.
- After 24 hours, use only gentle unscented cleansers to wash and do not rub the skin.
- Avoid the sun and after 24 hours, protect your skin daily with a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 applied every morning before going outdoors.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and hot tubs for 24 hours.
- No steaming baths or steaming hot showers on the evening after your treatment. Take a quick warm shower and do not touch or wash your face.
- Avoid the use of ‘Active’ products and makeup for a full 24 hours after treatment.
Schedule a follow-up appointment within 7 -10 days of your treatment.
Possible Side Effects
- After your treatment, your skin will likely feel warm to the touch and sting slightly, much like a sunburn. You may also experience swelling.
- These side effects are all normal. Expect the swelling to subside within 12-24 hours, while the redness will resolve in 48 – 72 hours.
- At this point, your skin may feel dry and rough and take on slightly darker color. This is called “bronzing”.
- The bronzing indicates that your skin is healing, and the dead skin will get flaky and slough off within the standard 7-day healing time. During this time, do not rub, peel or pick at the flakes. Doing so could cause irritation and even scarring.
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Diminishes the appearance of acne scars and other scars and imperfections.
- Improves skin texture and tone.
- Tightens skin to restore facial contours.
- Gives skin a more even-toned, healthier, and more youthful appearance.
- Helps reverse the signs of aging and sun damage, such as fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and hyperpigmentation.
If you have any questions regarding Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today!