Medical-Grade Chemical Peels
Post-Treatment – Chemical Peel Aftercare
Please follow these Chemical Peel Aftercare Tips:
- Stop using Retin-A, Vitamin A or Vitamin C medications for at least 3 days after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and smoking for 2 – 4 hours immediately after a chemical peel. Then continue to avoid sun exposure through the flaking and peeling recovery process. Failure to do so can cause unwanted side effects that include infection, burning and scarring.
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to prevent skin discoloration. Choose a sunscreen that is titanium-based with zinc dioxide for optimum protection.
- Keep your skin moist and supple. This will give you better results. If the skin dries out and cracks, scarring may occur.
- Do not touch or pick at scabs that may appear. Doing so increases the risk of infection, skin discoloration, and scarring.
- While the skin may burn, itch or swell, do not scratch or rub the treated area. Again, this could cause infection and possible scarring. To alleviate any discomfort, apply a cold compress.
Schedule a follow-up appointment within 7-14 days of your treatment.
Possible Side Effects
- The plant-based acids used inDanik’s cosmetic peels usuallycause light to heavy peeling.
- This is the treatment goal, so expect to notice the dead cells of the epidermis flaking off within the first week.
- NOTE:Medical-Grade Chemical Peels vary in their side effects and results based on the type of peel and its intensity. Stronger peels penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in longer recovery time. However, a light peel may cause no side effects or downtime whatsoever.
- It is the peeling process that allows healthy new skin cells to emerge.
- This cell turnover will help mitigate the cumulative effects of sun damage and the aging process.
- Look for skin that is smoother, brighter and more even-toned due to a reduction in the appearance of hyperpigmentation, brown spots, blemishes, scars, fine lines and wrinkles. Results may vary.
Please do follow our Chemical Peel Aftercare Instructions.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today!