PRP Hair Loss Therapy
Hair Loss Therapy Aftercare Post-Treatment
In order to achieve the best results, please follow these Hair Loss Therapy Aftercare Guidelines:
- Avoid heavy exercise the day of your treatment. You may resume your exercise regimen the following day.
- Shampoo your hair the day after your treatment using any shampoo of your choosing.
- It is fine to color your hair, but not until 3 days after treatment.
- Wait 24 hours after the procedure to use styling products, such as gel, mousse, and hair spray.
- Wear a hat for 2 days after the procedure to avoid exposing the treated area to the sun.
- Wait 1 week after treatment to use blood thinning supplements such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, garlic, flax, cod liver oil, niacin, and essential fatty acids.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for at least 3 days (or more) after the procedure to accelerate healing.
- Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 5 days after your procedure (if possible).
- You may use Tylenol if you’re experiencing any discomfort or pain.
Possible Side Effects
Here are some additional Hair Loss Therapy Aftercare Guidelines and things to look out for:
- After your laser treatment, expect the treated area to look and feel like amild sunburn. This usually lasts from 2 – 24 hours; however, it can persist for up to 72 hours.
- Mild swellingmay accompany this redness and minor stinging, but it usually subsides within 2-3 days.
- Be aware that possible side effects include a low risk of prolonged itching, redness, and blistering, along with a very low risk of bruising, peeling, rash, lightening or darkening of the skin, ingrown hairs, freckle removal, crusting, swelling, and infection.
- If you think you’re having an allergic reaction or other unusual symptoms, call Danik immediately.
- Permanent scarring or changes in skin color are rare.
- In 90 percent of patients treated, Laser Hair Removal produces permanent hair loss, delivering smooth, hair-free skin.
- Normally it takes 6 – 8 treatments to see permanent results as hair grows in cycles and follicles are only affected when treated during the anagen phase of the growth cycle.
- As a result, multiple sessions are required to destroy all hair follicles. Results may vary.
If you have any questions on Hair Loss Therapy Aftercare Guidelines or if you would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today.