Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)
PRP Aftercare – Post-Treatment
- There is no recovery time for PRP aftercare, so you can resume all your regular daily activities immediately.
- There may be redness and slight bruising in the injection area; however, it will subside within a few hours of treatment.
- Apply a cold compress or ice pack to the injection area if there is any swelling.
- The injection area may be washed gently a few hours after treatment, but be careful to avoid any aggressive scrubbing.
- If there are no signs of infection, makeup may be applied shortly after treatment, but it must be applied very gently with clean hands and applicators.
- For the longest-lasting results, avoid sun exposure, and use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher.
Schedule a follow-up appointment within 30 days of your final treatment.
Possible Side Effects
- PRP is an all-natural, hypoallergenic skin treatment. Because the protocol involves the injection of a patient’s own blood to stimulate the body’s natural ability to repair itself, any side effects are minor.
- While all-natural, the treatment is administered via injection. That means patients may experience localized symptoms, such as redness, bruising, and a slight tenderness in the treated area.
- You can expect a great deal of improvement in skin texture and volume within 3 – 4 weeks of your procedure. The progression of results will continue for 6 months after the final treatment. Therefore, you cannot judge the final results until the treatment has fully run its course.
- Your series of treatments will gradually diminishes such signs of aging as lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, age spots, brown spots, shallow scars, open pores, crepiness, and rough skin texture caused by age and sun damage.
- As the results continue to become more apparent over time, look for a noticeable improvement in overall skin condition as your skin becomes smoother, more even-toned, tighter, brighter, and more youthful-looking, particularly in such treatment areas as the face, forehead, neck, décolletage and hands.
If you’d like to schedule an appointment, contact us today.