Sclerotherapy Vein Removal
Sclerotherapy Aftercare Post-Treatment
Here are some guidelines on how to make the best of your Sclerotherapy Aftercare Process
- Immediately after treatment, walk for 20 minutes on a flat surface.
- On day two, walk for 2 minutes between 3 and 4 times a day.
- After treatment, keep your bandages and/or compression stockings on for 48 straight hours, and bag your legs to shower. Following those first two days, wear the compression stockings while awake for the next 3 weeks.
- After week one, you may exercise daily, but keep your bandages/stockings dry.
- Strenuous fitness and sports activities should be avoided for the first 2-3 days
- No leg waxing or shaving is allowed for two weeks.
- Continue to wear compression hose if your daily routine involves continual standing, walking or lifting.
Schedule a follow-up appointment within 3 weeks of your final treatment.
Possible Side Effects
- Sclerotherapy Aftercare Post-treatment, there may be mild pain, which can be alleviated with Tylenol.
- The injected sites will appear bruised and swollen for a few days.
- Wearing an ace bandage day and night will relieve the swelling and pain.
- Any bruising typically resolves in 2-3 weeks, and after 2 days, most patients can resume their normal activities.
- Reliably reduces or eliminates embarrassing spider and moderate varicose veins which, once treated, will not reappear. However, this treatment will not prevent the emergence of new veins, which will need to be treated.
- Restores treated areas to a smooth, clear, and unblemished look of health and youth.
- Restores patient confidence, especially when wearing skirts, shorts, and bathing suits that reveal legs and ankles.
- Non-surgical and minimally invasive, involving no incisions or risk of scarring.
- Relieves the aching and pain often associated with spider and moderate varicose veins.
- Less than 10% of treated patients see no improvement after sclerotherapy. That means the vast majority of patients are happy with their results and choose sclerotherapy for the treatment of future veins as they appear.
If you have any questions on Sclerotherapy Aftercare or if you’d like to schedule an appointment, call us today.