Ultherapy® Treatment and Ultherapy Aftercare Guidelines
Ultherapy Aftercare Guidelines Post-Treatment
- Because Ultherapy is completely non-invasive, there is no special aftercare regimen to follow.
- You can continue with your usual skin care regimen, apply makeup, and engage in all normal daily activities, including bathing, going to work, and exercising vigorously.
Schedule a follow-up appointment 3 months after your treatment.
Possible Side Effects
Follow your Ultherapy Aftercare Guidelines
- Immediately following Ultherapy®, the skin may appear red for a few hours.
- It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days following the procedure or tingling/tenderness to the touch for days to weeks following the procedure, but these are mild and temporary in nature.
- Occasional temporary effects may include bruising or welts, which resolve in hours to days, or numbness in a select area, which resolves in days to weeks.
- As with any medical procedure, there are possible risks associated with the treatment.
- There is a remote risk of a burn that may or may not lead to scarring (either of which will respond to medical care), or temporary nerve inflammation, which will resolve in a matter of days to weeks.
- Temporary local muscle weakness may result after treatment due to inflammation of a motor nerve. Temporary numbness may result after treatment due to inflammation of a sensory nerve.
- Ultherapy relies on the lifting and repairing power of ultrasound energy, which penetrates down to the deepest structural layers of skin to stimulate new collagen production while strengthening existing collagen fibers that have become worn over time. This restores the cellular integrity of skin cells and returns the treated areas to the taught, smooth definition of youth.
- Because this natural repair process works over time, in the early days after treatment expect to see some lifting, plumping and smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The lifting and tightening, toning and tightening will then pick up momentum over the course of the next 3 months or more, resulting in visible signs of age reversal (depending on the treatment area) that include:
- Lifting and smoothing of the forehead
- Higher brow elevation
- Eyes that are more open as lids become less hooded
- Softening of nasolabial folds and marionette lines as the appearance of jowls is diminished
- More toned, tighter skin around the jaw line, chin and neck
- Reduced crepe paper skin texture
- Brighter and more even skin tone
- Smaller pores and smoother, more resilient skin
- More defined, younger-looking facial features
- NOTE: Further, improvements may even appear up to 6 months after the procedure.
For more information on Ultherapy Aftercare Guidelines or to schedule a consultation, contact us today.