Perlane is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler used for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles. Perlane is primarily used in the area of the mid and lower face where deep creases and skin laxity make the face look old and tired. Perlane works by filling in and plumping skin. This filler’s large-particle formulation makes it particularly effective for treating deep creases.
- Produces immediate results.
- 100% safe because it is made of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body, is hypoallergenic, and it is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Because of its large particle size, Perlane lasts longer than other fillers – up to 9 months or more.
- Perlane is natural. Beyond volumizing folds and wrinkles, its hyaluronic acid formula works with the body to help skin retain its natural elasticity.
- It’s versatile. It can be used to treat the following:
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Hollowed Cheeks
- Shrinking Lips
- Lipstick Lines around the Mouth
Perlane Treatment Plan
Perlane is primarily used to treat the deep folds running from the nose to the mouth and down the chin. These are the folds that produce a jowling effect. Perlane’s large gel particles attract water molecules and bind them to maximize the plumping effect.
Because of it’s safe formula, no advanced allergy tests are required. Results last 6 – 9 months before the filler is eliminated naturally from the body. After treatment, side effects are usually minor and temporary. These may include some redness, swelling, and tenderness.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation, then contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Perlane is injected using an ultra-fine needle. The injections are not painful to most,but if you are very sensitive to injections, tell your medical professional would like a topical anesthetic.
You’ll see results immediately, but wait till any swelling, redness or bruising dissipates before assessing your final appearance.
Perlane treatments typically last for 6 – 9 months; however, this length of time varies based on such factors as skin structure, skin condition, age, and lifestyle.
To maintain Perlane results, typically a patient will require follow-up injections every 6 – 12 months; however, patients usually need less Perlane when undergoing maintenance treatments.
After your injections, you may experience some pain, redness, swelling, itching ,or discoloration at the injection site. These side effects are normal and should subside within two days.
View typical treatment results for Perlane