Breast Augmentation ( Augmentation Mammaplasty) is a surgical procedure most commonly performed by positioning saline or silicone breast implants in both breasts to increase size and fullness while improving body proportions.
- Larger more projected breasts.
- Fuller and more well-rounded shape.
- Improved positioning.
- Increased symmetry.
- Correction of volume loss from pregnancy, weight loss or illness.
- Improved proportions and body profile.
- More sensual appearance.
- Increased personal self-esteem.
- More confident social interaction.
Breast Augmentation Treatment Plan
During the consultation and medical examination, your surgeon will discuss what bothers you about your breasts, what your objectives are, and how they can best be achieved through surgical technique and implant choice. Most commonly, patients choose one of the two most popular implant options. Saline breast implants are filled with sterile salt water and FDA-approved for women 18 years of age or older. Silicone breast implants are filled with silicone gel and FDA-approved for women 22 years of age or older.
The surgery, itself, is actually quite simple. An incision is made under the breast, around the nipple or under the arm, and the implant is placed under or above the muscle in the breast depending upon the patient’s desired results and the surgeon’s decision regarding the most reliable and natural-looking surgical approach.
If you have any questions about a Breast Augmentation or if you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Breast augmentation surgery increases the size of breasts while enhancing shape, projection, positioning, and symmetry. The procedure is most commonly performed using silicone or saline breast implants, which are FDA-approved.
To be a good candidate, you should be healthy and have fully developed breasts. But then you should ask yourself these questions:
- Do you suffer from low self-esteem or embarrassment because of your small breast size?
- Are you unhappy about your loss of breast shape and volume due to pregnancy, weight loss, or aging?
- Are elongated breasts or breasts that have failed to develop normally making you feel inadequate?
- Do you constantly compare your figure to others and feel your breasts make you undesirable?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should definitel consider breast augmentation.
- Get the blood test prescribed by your surgeon.
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs as they can increase bleeding
- As the surgery will be performed on an outpatient basis, arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery.
- Also arrange to have someone stay with you for at least the first night following your surgery.
- Advise your employer that you will be out of work for at least a week.
Strictly follow your surgeon’s post-op instructions to avoid preventable complications.
Relax and expect to be tired and sluggish for the first few days after surgery.
- For 10 days after surgery, take Tylenol, but do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products (Bufferin, Anacin, Excedrin, etc.).
- Take your doctor’s prescribed pain medication as needed and per the directions.
- Take your prescribed antibiotics until they are all gone.
- Get up and walk around the evening following your surgery, but don’t exert yourself beyond that.
- It is safe to shower on the second day following surgery.
- While recovering, wear a soft bra or sports bra, but nothing with underwire or padding that pushes or compresses the breasts.
- Saunas and steam baths should be avoided for 6 weeks after surgery
- Do not tan your scars for 9 months after surgery.
- Do not swim in a pool or the ocean for 3 weeks after surgery.
- You may note scars that appear to get redder before they fade. Don’t worry. This is normal.
Your surgeon will give you a prescription for a pain medication before your surgery so that you have it to take immediately following the procedure. This should alleviate any pain, and you may or may not need it for the first 1 – 2 weeks.
As a general rule, every 125-150cc of implant volume equals a bra size increase of a single cup size. However, every patient’s body is different.
Yes. Placement of the implant below the breast tissue (sub glandular placement) does not affect the ability of the breast to produce milk.
View typical results for Breast Augmentation
Today, no woman has to have her appearance or sensuality undermined by breasts that are too small, uneven in size, misshapen after pregnancy, or in need of reconstruction following breast surgery. In fact, augmentation mammoplasty is one of the most popular of all cosmetic procedures, and the results can go a very long way toward restoring a woman’s confidence and positive body image. The surgery is actually quite simple. An incision is made under the breast, around the nipple or under the arm, and an FDA-approved silicone implant is placed under or above the muscle in the breast, based on what the plastic surgeon decides is the most reliable and natural-looking approach.
Enhanced volume, shape and firmness are what you can expect after augmentation mammoplasty. Your figure will be proportioned according to your personal preference, whether you wish to have a very voluptuous look or a curvaceous but athletic appearance.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation:
You will not be allowed to drive yourself home after the procedure, and you will experience some post-operative pain, for which the doctor will prescribe a medication. You’ll be allowed to move about after surgery, wearing a bra at all times except when bathing. For 2 to 3 weeks, heavy lifting or stretching should be avoided. Low-impact, light exercise is allowed after week one, and by week four, you may resume your fitness activity of choice, be it jogging, jazzercise, tennis, swimming, biking, or all of the above.
Prices for Breast Augmentation:
The all-inclusive cost for all breast augmentation procedures includes:
NOTE: All expenses associated with your cosmetic procedure will be presented in writing for your approval prior to surgery. Affordable financing is available, and because Danik uses an outpatient facility, we are able to pass on to our surgery patients substantial savings.