What will I have to do after the procedure?
Strictly follow your surgeon’s post-op instructions to avoid preventable complications.
Relax and expect to be tired and sluggish for the first few days after surgery.
- For 10 days after surgery, take Tylenol, but do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products (Bufferin, Anacin, Excedrin, etc.).
- Take your doctor’s prescribed pain medication as needed and per the directions.
- Take your prescribed antibiotics until they are all gone.
- Get up and walk around the evening following your surgery, but don’t exert yourself beyond that.
- It is safe to shower on the second day following surgery.
- While recovering, wear a soft bra or sports bra, but nothing with underwire or padding that pushes or compresses the breasts.
- Saunas and steam baths should be avoided for 6 weeks after surgery
- Do not tan your scars for 9 months after surgery.
- Do not swim in a pool or the ocean for 3 weeks after surgery.
- You may note scars that appear to get redder before they fade. Don’t worry. This is normal.