What will I have to do before the procedure?
- Get the blood test prescribed by your surgeon.
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs as they can increase bleeding
- As the surgery will be performed on an outpatient basis, arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery.
- Also arrange to have someone stay with you for at least the first night following your surgery.
- Advise your employer that you will be out of work for at least a week.