Six “Don’t Miss” Beauty Resolutions for 2013
Okay, 2013 is approaching fast, and with the new year comes a new opportunity to get your health and beauty regimen right. Here at Danik, we know a thing or two about beauty “do’s” and “don’ts.” So peruse the list below, and use it as a basis for your 2013 resolutions.
1) Don’t apply foundation over dry, flaky skin. Doing so will cause the makeup to look caked-on and obvious, while your skin will appear dull and rough. To smooth your skin in preparation for foundation, use a gentle exfoliant such as Micro-Exfoliating Scrub by SkinCeuticals. And before applying your foundation, moisturize with SkinCeuticals’ Daily Moisture for a radiant, natural look.
2) Soft, subtle hair color is in. So avoid heavy contrast in your highlights and lowlights. The striped look is passé, as are long, dark roots. Meanwhile, brassy is a no-no in the year ahead, but sexy is always a resounding yes-yes.
3) Subtle also applies to the concealer you’re using. If you use something that’s too light, you’ll only call attention to the circles under your eyes and blemishes you seek to hide. Stick to a color that matches your skin, as well as a product that can be blended into your foundation easily. And speaking of dark circles, to reduce their appearance, we highly recommend Opal by Clarisonic.
4) Protect your fingers and toes from infection. Push back cuticles, do not cut them, as cutting leaves the nail bed open to infection or fungus. Additionally, keep your hands and feet well moisturized to avoid hangnails and dry skin around the nail. Then go and treat yourself to a mani and pedi.
5. Meticulously manicure the hair on your body. Come 2013, the order of the day will be sleek and smooth, both for women and men. That means you ladies must attend to the excess hair on brow, cheeks, chin, legs, arms, and bikini line. Meanwhile, you gentlemen need to keep your necks, shoulders, ears, back, abdomen and buttocks hair-free. Yes, you can shave, wax or use depilatory creams, but we recommend Laser Hair Removal for a permanent solution.
6. Get into shape to look and feel your best. True, you resolve to do this every year, but why not make 2013 the year you actually swing into action. First, shed those 30-plus pounds you need to lose, and to reach your goal, we suggest checking out the HCG Diet. Then introduce an exercise regimen into your daily routine. Who knows? You could make 2013 the year you run a marathon.