Want to leave a lasting impression every time you depart a room? Nothing enhances a woman’s exit more than a well-rounded butt. These days luscious derrieres are very much in style. That accounts for why fashionistas are so anxious to have curves that will fill out a form-fitting dress in hourglass style.
Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Sofia Vergara … all have the kind of voluptuous buttocks for which the rest of us would kill. Of course, their posteriors are formed by gluteus maximus and gluteus medius muscles just like ours. And like us, they have a layer of fat covering those muscles. So the question is, “Where did we go wrong?”
Some body contours are the product of genetics, and we all have to deal with our own DNA. Still, butt-wise, the hand your dealt is not necessarily the hand you have to play. In fact, a combination of body sculpting and exercise can go a long way toward achieving a head-turning butt quickly and without invasive surgery.
Hitting the Medspa without Breaking a Sweat
Non-Surgical Body Sculpting involves treatments that incorporate specialized equipment to lift, tighten and tone the bottocks. This equipment mechanically activates the “glutes” and that, in turn, tones the muscles by boosting the metabolic process and breaking down fat and cellulite so that it can be eliminated naturally. Below are just some of the body sculpting treatments that derive superior posterior results:
1) Vacuum Therapy (Endermologie) is based on a motorized technique that incorporates two rollers and controlled suction. The skin is painlessly folded and unfolded by the rollers for deep tissue stimulation which decreases the viscosity of the buttocks’ subsutaneous fat while increasing blood flow to the tissue and stimulating lymphatic drainage. Hence, the area loses inches while gaining firmness and improved texture.
2) Alternatively, Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure, whereby an all-natural cocktail of homeophathic medicines, vitamins, minerals and amino acids is injected into the middle layer (mesoderm) of the skin. Here, these nutrients go to work, effectively ridding the area of cellulite as well as localized deposits of stubborn fat. This action reduces the appearance of saddlebags, rippled skin and fatty pockets to give the buttocks head-turning form and smoothness.
3) Finally, Electrotherapy employs an electric (Faradic) current to stimulate the muscle tissues of the buttocks with the objective of healing and restoring muscle loss. Thus, the gluteus maximus and gluteus medius muscles fill out and lift the buttocks to add volume, firmness and undimpled smoothness.
Busting Your Butt at Home or Gym
Are you really serious about reshaping your rear? If so, we recommend enhance your body sculpting with these exercises that can be done at home daily:
1) Isometric Butt Squeezes: Squeeze your buttocks together as hard as you can for as long as you can. Do this for 5 – 10 minutes daily, and within 10 days the shape and firmness of your butt will be noticeably improved.
2) Squats: Try wall squats with your back against the wall, descending until your upper legs are parallel to the floor. Also do fast squats, where you alternate squatting down and standing upright in rapid succession. Again, keep your back straight and squat low enough to touch the ground. Do 100 repetitions daily, and you’ll start seeing results within a matter of days.
Meanwhile, if you’re heading to the gym, machines that give the butt a killer workout include the Stair Stepper, Mountain Climber and Leg Press.
NOTE: Surgical procedures for the buttocks, such as liposuction, are also available to achieve a more defined shape and well-proportioned profile.