Also known as the Vampire Facelift, Platelet Rich Plasma is a 100% natural method of skin rejuvenation that uses a patient’s own blood components to stimulate the repair and renewal of damaged tissue in areas of the face, neck, décolleté, hands, and body. Used for decades in operating rooms and medical offices to promote the healing of post-surgical wounds and injuries, this protocol is has now been proven to be equally effective in the medical aesthetics arena. Hence, PRP has become a common skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatment that reduces wrinkles, sagging and dark circles, while healing skin damaged by acne, injuries and stretch marks.
PRP effectively treats the following conditions:
This is a four-step procedure that takes from 45 – 60 minutes:
1) The patient’s own blood is collected just as it would be in a lab.
2) This blood (about 20cc) is placed in a centrifuge and spun in order to separate the blood from the growth factors, platelets and stem cells.
3) The extracted blood platelets containing proteins, nutrients, and a variety of growth factors are then micro-injected injected into the sites of concern, i.e. those areas of the face and neck where visible signs of aging, scarring and skin damage appear. Typically, such areas surround the forehead, eyes, cheeks, mouth, chin, neck and décolleté. When growth factors are activated by injection, repair of damaged tissue begins, generating collagen and hyaluronic production.
4) At this point, your PRP specialist will apply the remaining PRP topically to the face and neck to accelerate the healing and cell regeneration process.
If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us today.
PRP results can last from 12 – 18 months depending on the patient’s skin condition, age, and lifestyle. However, 2-3 treatments will help results last up to 18months or even longer.
Patients can expect redness, swelling, slight pain, and bruising in the treatment area. These side effects typically subside in a few hours but may last a day or two.
Multiple areas can be treated, including the following:
Both smooth and sculpt the face; however, PRP corrects the signs of aging over the course of weeks and months, but contains at least 8 growth factors that extend the results to up to two years. HA dermal fillers produce immediate results, but these results typically last for about 6 months.
PRP facial injections are minimally invasive and very safe. There are no scars, few side effects, and allergic reactions are rare because the patient’s own blood platelets are being injected.
PRP facial rejuvenation is a good option for anyone because the procedure is minimally invasive and non-allergenic, with no downtime. Still, the younger and healthier the patient, the more dramatic the results will be, so a patient in his or her 70s should not expect to see the same degree of anti-aging as a patient in his or her 40s or 50s.
View typical treatment results for Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet rich plasma is a 100% natural method that uses the patient’s own blood components to stimulate the renewal of damaged tissue in areas of the face, neck, décolleté, hands and body.
This four-step procedure is found to have great efficacy in revitalizing skin and eliminating wrinkles, sagging and dark circles, while healing skin damaged by acne, injuries and stretch marks.
Extracted blood platelets that contain proteins, nutrients, and a variety of growth factors are injected in to the site of concern. When growth factors are activated by injection, repair of damaged tissue begins, generating collagen and hyaluronic production.
A natural enhancement of the skin’s appearance begins to take place and youthfulness, suppleness and volume are restored to the treated areas.
1. It begins with the collection of your blood. About 30 mls are collected.
2. The blood is then put into a machine called a centrifuge, which separates the three components of blood.
3. Once the components are separated, the platelet-rich plasma is injected into desired area. From collection of blood to injections takes about 45 – 60 minutes.
4. At this point, then your plasma is created as a gel that is then used as a mask to be absorbed by the skin to assist in the restoration process.