Permanent Makeup, also known as cosmetic tattooing, is an esthetic procedure that employs modern electronic tattooing techniques to implant permanant pigmentation in the dermis of the skin. This pigmentation replaces the daily application of makeup to such areas as the eyebrows, eyelids, face and lips. Permanent makeup can be used to enhance coloration or to disguise scars and loss of natural coloring, as in the case of vitiglio.
- Fast and easy to accommodate busy schedules and outdoor lifestyles.
- Looks perfect 24/7. Doesn’t run, flake, or smear.
- Results can be customized, from very natural-looking to more dramatic.
- Waterproof, humidity-proof, and sweat-proof.
- Ideal for those suffering from impaired vision or a loss of manual dexterity.
- Also ideal for those who can’t use traditional cosmetics due to allergies and skin sensitivity.
- Replaces the need for expensive eyebrow pencils, eyeliners, lip liners, and lipstick.
- Beautifies and corrects lip asymmetry while augmenting upper and lower lip contours.
- Eliminates the appearance of lipstick bleed (caused when lipstick seeps into fine lines around the mouth).
- Extends and enlarges the appearance of eyes.
- Augments the appearance of eyelash thickness.
- Can be used to hide scars and camouflage skin imperfections.
Permanent Makeup Treatment Plan
Cosmetic tattoos are applied using various mechanized and non-mechanized devices that inject pigment via very fine needles. Sessions may range from 1-2 hours depending upon how many areas are being treated. More than one session, spaced 4-6 weeks apart, may be necessary to achieve desired results.
Before the procedure, a scratch test is performed on the finger to ensure the patient is not allergic to the pigment slated for injection. When there are no allergic indications, a topical anesthetic is then be applied to numb the skin and make the patient more comfortable. When appropriate, the area to be treated will be outlined and the design approved by the patient.
Finally, using the correct device, needles will penetrate the skin and implant pigment below the epidermis for cosmetic enhancement and/or correction. Once the treatment is complete, ointment will be applied to promote healing and keep the area soft. A bandage may be applied to protect the area after treatment.
Are you ready to schedule your consultation? Contact Us Today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Danik specialists custom-blend all pigment colors to match the patient’s preferences or favorite shades of eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, lip liner, and lipstick. However, should a patient subsequently decide she wants a different color, our permanent makeup artists can lighten, darken or alter the shade originally chosen. At Danik, we use rich and creamy pigments that can be applied smoothly, evenly and accurately for the most natural-looking results.
Cosmetic tattooing leaves permanent markings on the skin. Over time, however, the pigment may fade. Some women consider this fading a more appropriate look as they age. However, those who want to retain the “freshness” of their permanent makeup should undergo a color enhancement every 2 – 8 years. The frequency will vary depending on the colors and individual body chemistry, as well as one’s indoor or outdoor lifestyle.
A topical anesthetic is used, so there is little discomfort involved. In fact, most patient’s report a tickling sensation that is only modestly unpleasant.
Most patients return to work and their normal activities immediately following the treatment. For 5-7 days, patients must apply a thin film of ointment to the area injected. There will also be a follow-up appointment scheduled to ensure the injected area is healing properly.
Generally, two applications are necessary to achieve desired results. However, it may take only one treatment or it may take more than two treatments depending on individual body chemistry, the colors chosen, and the areas selected for permanent makeup application.
View typical treatment results for Permanent Makeup
See what patients have to say about Permanent Makeup