Your skin is not only your largest organ. It’s also a beautiful reflection of your overall health and youthfulness. So this summer, take the sun’s harmful UV rays very seriously.
First, let’s look at why these ultraviolet rays are so damaging and even deadly. As the longest rays in the spectrum, they penetrate the deepest, causing skin damage at a cellular level. This damage manifests itself via the appearance of wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, a scaly skin texture, and cancerous growths.
The worst part is, UV exposure causes far-reaching harm that may not be immediately noticeable. The damage accumulates and emerges when we hit our 30s and 40s.
This superficial and deep damage includes:
– Collagen breakdown, resulting in wrinkles.
– Disruption of elastin production, also causing wrinkles.
– Changes in the dermal blood vessels, producing dilated capillaries.
– Free radical damage, resulting in a breakdown of the dermal tissue.
– Inhibited DNA repair, potentially leading to skin cancer.
– A weakening of the immune system, augmenting the potential for skin cancer.
Here are our Top 10 Summer Skin Care Tips:
1. Always Use Sunscreen: SPF 15 or higher, and apply evenly.
2. Reduce Time in the Sun: Limit exposure between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
3. Avoid Tanning: AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
4. Find a Shady Spot: Or bring along your own shade.
5. Keep Your Guard Up: Even on cloudy days.
6. Protect Your Eyes: Wear sunglasses with 99 – 100% UV protection.
7. Protect Your Scalp and Face: Wear a broad-brimmed hat.
8. Protect Your Body: Wear protective clothing, such as UV Skinz.
9. Stay Hydrated: Bring plenty of water.
10. MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE!
Got questions? Call the experts at Danik for further information about protecting your skin this summer.